By sharing your personal story about the new health care reforms that have benefitted you or your family, you can help educate your fellow heart disease and stroke patients about the new coverage options and protections that may be available to them as well.
- Do you have a child with a pre-existing condition who is now eligible for coverage?
- Have you encountered problems with lifetime caps in the past- which are now prohibited?
- Are you a young adult (under 26 years old) who can now stay covered under your parent’s plan?
- Have you put off preventative care in the past because you couldn’t afford it?
- Are you or someone you know enrolled in the new Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan?
- Are you a senior who has recently received a rebate check to make it easier to purchase prescription drugs?
- Have you had your insurance policy cancelled after you got sick, which is now prohibited?
If you fit any of the profiles above, let us know! Your story won’t be used without your consent, but as opportunities to share patient stories come up, whether it is on the web, through the media, or at events, we’ll be able to reach out to you to discuss your interest in helping further.