Friday, April 25, 2008

CT YTC volunteers in Washington, D.C.

CT Delegation in Washington, DC!

April is my favorite month of the year for many reasons. The weather is beautiful, my birthday is the 8th and I get to go to Washington, D.C. By far, the AHA's Annual Lobby Day is my favorite legislative activity for the year !

I get to see old friends and spend quality time with the You're the Cure volunteers from CT. It's not just about our Hill meetings that makes this event so special to me but also the conversations we share with one another walking from meeting to meeting. Lobby Day tends to be a jam packed event, a marathon cardiovascular endurance test (we tend to walk a bit!) but it is the most meaningful day for me out of the year. When it's done not only have we made a difference on the Hill but in our own lives.

I'll see you all in DC. Safe travels.

Joni Czajkowski
Senior Director of Advocacy
Founder's Affiliate, serving Connecticut







No comments: