American Heart Association advocates will be storming Capitol Hill on March 10, making the case to key lawmakers that we need to boost our investments in heart and stroke research. They’ll be talking to Congress face to face, but they can only do so much in one day. They need your help to reinforce the message!
Here are all the ways you can join our “lobby day” on March 10:
1) Send a message to your lawmakers – There’s no easier way to make your voice heard than by filling your legislators’ inboxes. Let them know that there are millions of Americans who care deeply about this crucial medical research.
2) Back that up by picking up the phone – and calling 202-224-3121 to tell your members of Congress how important this funding is. Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’ve made a call.
3) Spread the word on Facebook.
4) Join the “Tweet Storm” – Tell your followers on Twitter you just stood up for heart and stroke research funding and ask them to do the same. And, stay tuned this month for a way to deliver our message by tweeting at your Member of Congress. Be sure to use the "#ResearchSavesLives” hashtag when you can.
5) Finally, if you want to take it one step further, spread the word to friends and family by passing along the link to this post – and ask them to join you.
Thanks so much for helping us build momentum on Capitol Hill. With your help, we’ll hit our aggressive goal of 25,000 messages to Congress this month – and we’ll secure this crucial research funding that saves lives.